3 November 2009

Desperate Knitter- Introduction.

My adventure with knitting started in November 2007. I'd rememberd some basic technics from my childhood (my mum used to knit a lot and she taught me how to knit and purl) but it was only two years ago when I picked up needles again and found myself in love with this craft. I lived in London that time and I discovered I Knit yarn shop- a real sanctuary for knitters. But working full time didn't leave me many oportunities to develop my skills and my knitting wasn't as feverish as it is now. Currently I'm leaving in Genoa, Italy, and I'm enjoying my maternity leave, having more time to knit and discovering local yarn shops (there are few here).

I call myself a desperate knitter because:
* I always have an endless number of works in progress and yet I start new ones;
* my yarn stash is growing rapidly, I tend to buy more yarn that I am able to use. My mouth is watering whenever I enter any yarn shop;
* If I have some problems with patterns I am so desperate to understand that I wont give up. until I get it;
* I am Ravelry addict (but who isn't? ;) )
* I love learning new technics, searching for new yarns and patterns etc

Here, on this blog, I will try to keep track of my knitting adveture. This is a place where I will collect my ideas and links to sites of inspiration (other knitters are such a motivation for me!), keep track of my work in progress, finished objects and the future ones as well. Here, I will focus only on this beautiful craft that has become my passion recently.

My main blog can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment